Friday, June 22, 2007

A Fun Fold


Happy Friday to everyone! Last Saturday I went to Terri Dunning's stamp camp. She is now my Stampin' UP demonstrator. Just because I am a consultant for another company does not mean that I can't appreciate stamps from everywhere else! We made some very cute things that I wanted to share. I decided to challenge myself to duplicating these ideas using CTMH products. The first project we made is a very cute card using a fun fold and the crab stamp set in the spring mini. The problem that I had in duplicating this idea is that I hardly had any stamp sets that were the color in kind. They all were just the stamp and you're done kind. So I used the CTMH stamp set A Little Bee. The first pic is of the card I made in stamp camp and the second is my version:






In my version, I used the CTMH stamp set A Little Bee and the Curly Sentiments. The cardstock colors were Hollyhock, Garden Green and Buttercup. The ribbon is SU. I colored in my bee with Prismacolored pencils and Gamsol. There is a really good deal on getting these pencils at Michaels. I used my 50% coupon from Joann and bought the 48 pencils, they came with a free box of 12 Verithin Prisma pencils! So I got 60 pencils for 30 bucks! I wasn't completely thrilled with it but I tried this fold with three other cards.



This one I love. I'm sorry the picture is so dark. My camera is not the greatest. I used the Flyin' High stamp set and the Rough and Tumble paper pack all from CTMH. It came out really cute. I'm going to submit this to corporate for this month's Make it From the Heart contest and give the other copy of this card I made to my cousin's little boy for his birthday. He's turning 7!



In this sample I used the stamp set Friendship Blessings which is the cutest darn stamp set ever! The paper is Sweet Harmony and the colors used are Amethyst, Blush, Sweet Leaf and Garden Green. The ribbon is the Blush polka dot bulk ribbon.
This last example uses the Delight in Everything and Happy Birthday stamp sets. The Happy Birthday stamp set just has different fonts and sizes of Happy Birthday, a very useful set. The colors used are Cranberry, Garden Green and Ocean, Buttercup and the paper pack is Delight in Everything. The ribbon is the Garden Green Designer Ribbon round. All supplies listed are by Close to My Heart.



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Cindy, I love these cards. I might have to cardlift this design. I need to get out of the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 rut. Great blog! I subscribed and can't wait for updates!

Rose Ann said...

All of your cards turned out great!!

Corie said...

Love these cards. I love finding different ways to fold cards. Thanks for sharing.