Sunday, October 12, 2008

Altered Picture Frame

This is probably one of my favorite projects of the year because it has a picture of two of my favorite people, Tyler and my Dad. This picture was taken at a dinner we had for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. I altered a $1 wooden frame that I got from Michaels. The paper is SU and the ribbon was also from Michaels. I used my Justrite Stamper for the "Ty & Dad". The inside part of the frame where the picture went looked very bare so I ran my ribbon along that edge and it ended up looking really nice. Ty gave this to my mom for her birthday and my parents have it displayed in their front room. Such an easy project, the main thing I think, is to have a really great picture!


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi cindy! you won a challenge at lainey's altered ego! check here: http://laineysalteredego.typepad.com/weblog/2008/10/winners.html

{xoxo}

ribenaruby said...

What a beautiful memory. Love how you've managed to get the ribbon on the inside bit of the frame.

Megan said...

I really like how you used the ribbon here! TFS!!

Gwen said...

oh you did a beautiful job!! & the photo is just precious!!!

Marge said...

Absolutely a treasure; love how you added the ribbon on the inside edge!!! Fabulous!!!

Stephenie said...

Cindy this is so cute! I am so sorry I haven't been a better sister, I've had some mom problems, she's been in the hospital and terribly ill. Are you selling SU now? Congrats!
Hugs,
stephenie