Wednesday, December 16, 2015

25 Days of Christmas - Day 16

Hi everyone,
I am back with another 25 Days of Christmas project. We are on Day 16. I am struggling to keep up a little bit but I have some projects in the pipeline that I hope that I can get done in time! My project today are EOS lip balm holders. I have seen these all over Facebook and I really wanted to make some for gifts or as add ons for gifts. I am hoping that this post will help some of you avoid the mistakes that I made especially if you are using your Cricut Explore and importing an SVG File.

Now, I bought some cute files from SVG Cutting Files. When these files import, they import at a larger size than they should. The directions that comes with the cut states this and says that they have included a circle that you are supposed to help you size the hole that your EOS lip balm holder will fit. But...that circle gets resized too. After much research, the circle should be at 1.53. Then you resize your image so the holes match up and you are good to go. Trust me it works but it took most of my Sunday to make it work. Also, the Santa and Penguin are huge! The Gingerbread girl was just right!

Be sure to watch the video to see the project and I ramble through the information that I gave you above!



Pin It Now!

No comments: