Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ATG Gun

Today's tool time Tuesday is about the ATG gun. I have a love/hate relationship with my ATG gun. I bought my first one about 4 years ago from framingsupplies.com. I loved that I saved a lot of money --I was using Tombow monoadhesive at the time. The problems that I had were that the spool of tape kept getting stuck and the tape wouldn't stay put. About two years ago, I bought the pink ATG gun and it appears that the design is much improved.

Michaels carries this but I actually bought mine from Amazon, with free shipping and no tax, it ends up being about the same price and I earn points on items I buy from Amazon when I use my Amazon Visa so it was a win win. I still buy my refills from framingsupplies.com and I buy a lot at a time so that I don't run out, otherwise I am stuck with wet glue.
I have heard good things about the Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro but I have never used it and I feel pretty invested in my ATG gun. I am wondering if any of you have used it and what you think about it? 

Don't forget that I have my 4th year blogoversary here.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Hi Cindy,
I have the glue glider pro, and it's nice, but the refills are expensive and I have yet to find a cheap place to get those. So I don't use it as much as I'd like. I never used the bigger ATG as I always thought it was awkwardly sized for card making!

Diana said...

I have the ATG gun, but like you, I love it and HATE it!! I use the tombow. I just need to use the ATG more and maybe my hate will turn into a like : )