Thursday, January 31, 2013

Have a Sunny Day

HI everyone, Today I have my post for the Just-a-scrappin challenge blog. The challenge was to use embossing and a "quilt" style. I wasn't sure about the quilt style but I really like what I was able to come up with.
 
Isn't cute? When I have some time, I will make a video to show you what I did. Paper Trey Ink sells a cutting plate that makes this hexagon pattern and I used the cutout as a template which I placed over white paper. Then I used the coordinating stamp set in different colors - yellow, pink, rose red and red to create the pattern. The stamp set for the sentiment is from Pink by Design. The sun is from Create a Critter and is cut at 3.0. I used some stickles around the sun rays because I thought it needed some bling. The base cardstock is pink and is embossed with the swiss dots folder.
 
 
This is a super fun technique and I think it creates some really fun cards! I will most definitely be using this again. Be sure to visit the challenge blog to join the challenge.
 
Thanks for visting.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Creations by Kimberly said...

What an adorable card. It's the perfect card to give to someone who needs to be cheered up. TFS!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!! Lee-Ann :)

Junebee68 said...

I loved how the cute sun just added that special touch What a great card