Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bundle of Joy

Well, the card I have to share today is not a Christmas card. My assistant just had a baby (her 5th!) and so I made her a baby card. The birthday card I made a couple of posts ago is for her also. She just turned 44 and her hubby is 52! I can't imagine! I'm 34 and my son needs every bit of energy I have!


My husband actually braved Black Friday to go to one store. It was a sporting goods store so the line actually was not long at all. I stayed home all day recuperating from Thanksgiving. I have a bit of a cold too. I watched Cold Case all day. It was actually nice. However, today, we went out and did a bit of shopping. The stores weren't too bad at all and I'm probably about 1/2 done with my Christmas shopping. I'll probably go out next week with a list and just try to knock the rest of it out with one go.



I used the Bundle of Joy stamp set from SU. I colored in the little bear with my copics and outlined him in a light gray for shadowing. I used CTMH Indian Corn Blue and Buttercup for the cardstock and the DP is retired SU I think it's called Sarah. I also used a sketch found on poeticartistry.blogspot.com. Very easy, just a little more cutting than usual. The sample on the site was a 6x6 card, I think but I wanted something smaller so this is 41/4 x 41/4 so it would fit in a standard envelope.

I hope that everyone had a relaxing holiday and that you got ahead on your holiday shopping/crafting. I usually do a lot of online shopping but this year unfortunately it's 50/50 so I have to brave the stores this year!

Don't forget about the Black Friday Heart Candy, post your comment below!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

pescbrico said...

I like a lot the pattern paper you use on this card. It's matches so well.

dd2njoy said...

Beautiful card!! Bless your friend...her 5th child,Wow!!!!!

Kathy W said...

Wonderful card. Love the layout and the colors. Thanks for sharing.